E-commerce has witnessed an unprecedented rise in the past few years, but even more so in 2020 due to the pandemic. Many businesses have shifted online to accommodate the growing demand of consumers to purchase goods from the safety of their homes. Many businesses failed to cope with these new challenges and have been forced to close, but those who were quick to adapt and enlist the help of a digital marketing agency were able to stay afloat.
Digital marketing is an invaluable strategy moving forward
With the uncertainty of when traditional businesses will resume and the growing consumer preference for online shopping, it is wise for companies to establish an online presence. Companies such as Salt Lake City Digital Marketing Agency have been assisting businesses with their online marketing strategies for years, and here are some tips from them to get you started.
- Focus on mobile marketing. Most consumers browse the internet using their mobile devices and browsing from a mobile device is a very different experience from browsing on a desktop. Make mobile browsing comfortable for consumers by developing an app or a mobile version of the website.
- Prioritize good and intuitive design. Online shopping is a visual experience. Users will not patronize a business if the site or app is unsightly or difficult to navigate. Similar to how physical storefronts and interiors are designed to entice customers, companies should invest in professional web design to make online shopping a more engaging experience.
- Encourage audience engagement. Build a community by engaging the consumers through celebratory promos when the brand reaches digital milestones (i.e. 1000 Twitter followers or 1000 orders on the website). Customers may also be rewarded with discounts or gifts for exceeding a certain amount of orders. These encourage a more active brand-consumer relationship and help build consumer loyalty.
- Establish a good email marketing frequency. Find a mailing frequency that won’t annoy and drive away subscribers while still keeping them engaged and updated on new promos and products. Find the perfect balance by asking feedback from customers.
- Maintain an active social media presence. Nowadays, consumers are more selective of the companies they support. Maintain a positive brand image and develop content relevant to your audience. The tone and presentation of the content should also match the preferences of the target audience. A younger target market might appreciate a more casual, humorous tone, while an older demographic might prefer professional, straight-to-the-point content.
- Respond quickly to customer concerns. It’s difficult to regain consumer trust when an angry customer pops up in your searches, so it is best to assist these customers as soon as possible and provide them with concrete solutions. Problems with orders will be inevitable in online shopping, but what will define the brand is how they help their customers deal with any unprecedented mishap.
- Use the right platform and use the platform right. There are many social media sites available, and companies should tailor their content to maximize reach on each site. Instagram is best for visual content such as photos and videos, while content that requires long captions such as announcements and event instructions may be more suited to Facebook. Knowing the key differences between each site will help optimize the marketing strategy for each platform.
- Monitor analytics. Analytics are an effective way to develop a better and more efficient marketing strategy. By analyzing the data, businesses can determine the ideal time to post content to maximize reach and identify which kinds of content are most appealing to their audience.
- Keep an eye on trends. Riding online trends are a good way to stay relevant and in-touch with the audience. Monitor hashtags and viral content and determine how to incorporate them into the marketing strategy.
- Consider outsourcing. If the company doesn’t have the personnel with the necessary expertise to get started on digital marketing, it is best to work with a digital marketing agency. Most agencies will have the manpower and resources needed to get you started on developing an online presence.
The survival of a business depends on their ability to adapt to an ever-changing business landscape, and success depends on developing an effective online marketing strategy. Digital marketing may seem daunting, but it is important to be flexible and willing to learn. Enlisting the help of experts like Salt Lake City Digital Marketing Agency is also advisable. Their experience and insight will be vital in keeping a business thriving in the digital age.