If your mantra is ‘There’s always time for a glass of wine!’, building your own wine cellar might be in your future. Many people think a wine cellar is only for those with giant underground spaces. That is simply not true! Or maybe you think that building a wine cellar is an expensive project but finding a place in your home for a wine cellar is easier than you think. Before you know it, you can take your pick from racks, shelves, lighting, a cooler, iron wine cellar doors, and even a bar area if you so desire.
Where Should I Put It?
Your first step is figuring out the best place for your wine cellar or wine room. You don’t need a big space. Some great ideas include:
- An abundance of cabinets gives you the option to remove a section for your wine area. A mirror mounted to the back wall will create the illusion of a larger wine closet. Dress this space up with double iron wine cellar doors for a more authentic look.
- An under the stairs wine cellar is quaint and charming. To make it more private change out the glass door for iron cellar doors.
- Arched stone wall cutouts make this wine wall cool and comfortable for the best conditions to store your wine.
- How unique is this wine storage area! Made with wood crates and iron grids, the yellow backlighting has a farmhouse feel.
What Do I Need In My Wine Cellar?
You can make your wine cellar fit with your current decor whether it be contemporary modern, industrial, farmhouse, mid-century, old-world, or an eclectic combination. Whatever your style, consider the following additions to your wine cabinet:
- A caddy to store your glasses
- Racks, shelves, or a wine cooler refrigerator
- A sitting area inside or near the wine room can be a bar area, a small intimate corner table and chairs, or comfortable lounging chairs.
- Items such as corkscrews, aerator, wine chiller, decanter, and more
- Lots of wine!