Survival knives like the ones from KNX are knives that can be used for a variety of purposes, such as for cutting wood, making shelters and self-defense. A survival knife is an essential tool that every outdoor enthusiast should have. It helps in various situations like when you are stranded in the woods or if you need to prepare food. In this article, we will share with you the different types of survival knives and tips to choose the right one for your needs.
What Are The Different Types of Survival Knives?
Survival knives are one of the most important tools that you can have in a survival situation. They come in many different shapes and sizes, and each type of knife is designed for a specific type of survival situation.
The main types of survival knives are:
- Fixed Blade Survival Knife – This is the most common type of survival knife. It is usually made from high-quality steel, has a sheath, and can be used to chop wood or other materials.
- Folding Blade Survival Knife – These are smaller than fixed blade knives, but they offer more versatility because they can be folded up or clipped to your belt when not in use. They also don’t require as much maintenance as fixed blade knives because the blades can be easily replaced.
- Multi- Tool Survival Knife – This knife typically includes multiple blades that can be used for a variety of tasks, such as cutting, sawing, prying and stabbing. It is also has tools for more specific jobs like fishing hooks or pliers.
- Machete – These are the classic survival knife and are typically very large, have a long handle and a large blade. They come in many different shapes and sizes with some being shorter than others. The blade is usually made from high carbon steel that provides excellent strength and has a hard edge.
How to Choose the Best Survival Knife For Your Needs
Choosing the best survival knife can be a daunting task. There are so many knives out there that it is easy to get lost in all of the options. There are a few things to consider when choosing the best survival knife for your needs:
- Blade Length: A longer blade will allow you to use it for more tasks, but it will be heavier and less likely to be able to fit in your pocket.
- Blade Material: Stainless steel blades will hold an edge better and resist rusting, but they cost more than carbon steel blades.
- Handle Material: The handles on some knives are made from plastic or rubber and others have metal handles that attach with screws or rivets. Rubber is more comfortable for large hands and plastic is lighter weight.
- Blade Thickness: A thicker blade will be able to cut through tough objects like rope, vines and roots with ease.
- Blade Shape: Some people prefer a straight blade while others prefer a curved or serrated edge.
In brief, we have shared with you the different types of survival knives and tips to choose the right one for your needs. Check out KNX for their variety of survival knives.